70U linear open ceiling system
Division Name: Hunter Douglas Architectural United Kingdom
- Web: www.hunterdouglas.co.uk
- Address: Suite 2 - Newton House - Northampton Science Park Kings Park Road - Moulton Park Industrial Estate Northampton NN3 6LG United Kingdom
- Phone Number: +44 (0)1604 648229
- Fax: +44 1604 212863
- Contact Us: Contact Us
Division Name: Guthrie Douglas Window Covering
- Web: www.guthriedouglas.com
- Address: Heathcote Industrial Estate 12 Heathcote Way Warwick United Kingdom
- Phone Number: +44(0)1926 310850
- Contact Us: Contact Us
Division Name: NBK United Kingdom
- Web: nbkterracotta.com/
- Address: Cattermole Buildings Codnor Derbyshire DE5 9QA United Kingdom
- Phone Number: +44 (0) 1773 512 363
- Contact Us: Contact Us
Thank you for your information. We will be in touch with you shortly.
There was an issue saving your request, please try again.
Please accept the Privacy Agreement.
Name, email, company, phone, location and at least one product selection are required.
70U LINEAR EXTERIOR CEILING
The 70U ceiling system consists of box shaped, 70 mm wide aluminium panels which are easily clipped on the 70U carrier. The 70U system is designed for those applications that require a more robust and stronger panel
Why Exterior Linear Open 70U?
Robust (25mm high) box shaped panels with 30mm wide open joints that enhance the linear appearance of the ceiling, providing a directional effect
- 70mm wide box shaped panels with 30mm open joints that enhance the linear appearance
- Panels can be supplied in any length up to 6000 mm (as standard) and are made from 0.8mm gauge high-corrosion resistant aluminium alloy
- Fixing clips fitted on the carriers between the panels provide a secure locking of the panels
- Easily demountable panels and fixing clips allowing full access to services and equipment in plenum
- Panels are standard finished with the patented Luxacote® paint system
- All ceiling systems are tested for resistance to wind loads
- Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Bronze (Cradle to Cradle Certified™ is a certification mark licensed by the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute).
Luxalon® 70U Open Exterior Ceiling is suitable for all building sectors: Corporate, Transport (airports, metro-, bus -, train stations), Retail, Leisure, Public space, Hospitality, Healtcare, Education or Residential .
Please contact us to dicuss your requirements.
Design & Inspiration
Robust box shaped open panels with emphasis on the direction of the panels. When one needs a open directional ceiling this is the perfect choice. The open joints provide 30% open area in combination with plain panels.
Colours & Finishes
The Hunter Douglas range of Metal Ceilings, are available in a range of standard colours that are suitable for most applications. For further information on ceiling types and the special finishes and colour ranges that are available for specific projects please contact our sales office.
Luxacote® Exterior Coating
Luxacote® is an exclusive Hunter Douglas innovation that enhances the durability of exterior aluminium building applications. Its strength and efficiency comes from a powerful 3-layered system that consists of an anorcoat pretreatment, a primer, and a UV- and scratch resistant topcoat
The 70U open ceiling system consists of box shaped panels which can be easily clipped on a carrier. The 70 mm wide panels have a 30 mm open joint between the panels. The system module is 100 mm. Panels and locking clips are easily demountable for access to the plenum.
More product details
More detailed information can be found at the downloads section below. Here you can find information about: Maximum spans, dimension & weights, material requirement per m2
Health and wellbeing
Hunter Douglas contributes to sustainable buildings through aesthetic solutions that enhance comfort and save energy. Promoting health and wellbeing of their occupants is arguably the most important function of buildings. Buildings are not constructed just to be energy efficient. Our shading solutions promote the use of healthy daylight without the hindrances of glare and thermal discomfort. Our acoustic ceilings are a key element in the provision of acoustic comfort.
Environmentally sound materials are key to sustainable buildings. Our strategy is to pick materials that have good environmental properties to start with. Many of our products are made of aluminum produced in our own smelters. We’ve optimized our processes to use up to 99% of recycled content to produce the right alloy for our products. Our wood is FSC certified and we embrace the Cradle to Cradle principle in our product development.
Reducing the energy use of the total building stock is key to the prevention of global warming. Most modern office buildings use more energy for cooling than heating. Effectively managing the solar energy that passes through the transparent part of the façade is a key strategy in the prevention of overheating in both old and new buildings. Our high performance shading solutions bring substantial energy savings, while at the same time promoting health and wellbeing.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Keen on Green is an important company-wide initiative to reduce energy consumption, water usage and our overall carbon-footprint. We embrace the ISO 14001 framework to actively manage our Keen on Green objectives. Hunter Douglas and its employees actively support the communities in which we live and work, as well as those on a more global scale. Business is people. We pride ourselves on our worldwide network of experienced, intelligent, passionate and creative people that have consciously chosen Hunter Douglas as their employer.